Saturday, May 4, 2013

La Thai Uptown

La Thai Uptown
4938 Prytania Street
New Orleans, LA 70195
(504) 899-8886


First of all, let me say that my food was terrific! The appetizers was the mussels in a wonderful sauce. Next up was the oyster salad. The oysters were golden fried and huge. I had to cut them in thirds to keep from gagging. A wonderful touch to the salad was the seedless grapes. They were a pleasant surprise in my mouth and when I ate one with a tomato it made for the perfect mixture of juices to keep the salad from tasting too dry. Very good.


The service here was prompt, professional and efficient. When I walked in and saw the crowd, I thought it would take a while to be both seated and served. Seating took about five minutes and service was just as fast. It seems to be a 'all hands on deck' effort here as everyone was doing everything to service the customers, managers and owners alike!


Now, about the noise. This place can get quite loud when full. The bare ceilings, walls and floor allow every conversation to reverberate around the room. This creates a continuous din that may be too much for some to find pleasant.


So we had both a cacophony of both flavor and sound going on at the same time.


Overall, I enjoyed my food and would highly recommend you getting a meal here as I will certainly do again.


Follow us on Twitter:
@pointsofvieux


Subscribe to our blog:
pointsofvieux.blogspot.com

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment