Friday, March 1, 2013

Bangkok Thai Restaurant

Bangkok Thai Restaurant


My friend and I recently ate lunch at Bangkok Thai Restaurant at 513 S Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118
(504) 861-3932


It is not trying to be a fancy place so the lack of ambience was not a consideration. So this was all about the food.


Well, one reason I like Thai is the unique rice they serve. I may have missed this option on their comprehensive menu, but the rice that I received was the basic white variety. Was it somewhere on the menu as a separate side? If it was, it should not have been.


The most detracting aspect of the meal was the very salty taste of the food. The meal should have been followed up with a free serving of hypertension meds. If my cardiologist ever finds out I ate there, it would be bypass surgery for sure.


Yet, in spite of that, when asked the obligatory question, "How's everything?" My friend and I provided the obligatory answer, "Fine!" Why do we always do that?


The fact I walked in at 12:30PM, and there were only two customers in the place should have been a clue. Perhaps Inspector Clouseau can accompany on my next outing?


Second chances on this one? I don't know. Perhaps so. The after dinner candy was terrific!


Follow us on Twitter:
@pointsofvieux


No comments:

Post a Comment