Friday, March 1, 2013

Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill


My new best foodie friend @gagonmyswag recommended I try the Bacon Wrapped Scallops at the Bonefish Grill
4848 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Ste B
Metairie, LA, 70006
(504) 780-8991


So, under the guise of celebrating my friend Stephanie's birthday, we proceeded to the Bonefish Grill.


Upon entering the dimly lit restaurant, one would feel a soft atmosphere. However, the open space and the sheer number of people squeezed into the dining room is reminiscent of low- light cafeteria dining trying to pass for romantic ambience.


My choice of appetizer? Bacon Wrapped Scallops of course! And yes they were indeed delicious, accompanied by a diced mango salad. I must confess though that if you wrapped nails in bacon I would probably eat them.


For my entrée I selected the Chilean Sea Bass. I was reminded of the fabulous sea bass I had at PF Cheng's a couple of years ago and hoped my Chilean Sea Bass could measure up to the fond sea bass memories I have.


I must declare that sea bass is my new favorite fish! My Chilean Sea Bass was tender and exquisitely prepared. I had more mango stuff and some diced sweet potatoes as sides.


As I ate my food, my friend and I kept up our conversation. However, it was difficult to focus on what she was saying. All I could hear was myself saying, 'Wow' and 'Hmmm' with each tasty bite.


Our server Ashleigh, a really cool chick, commented on the cleanliness of my plates with, "You liked everything!" To which I concurred.


Being satiated and satisfied, I had no intentions on eating dessert, but someone said "Creme Brûlée". I envisioned the tiny little bowl you usually get, but was presented with a huge portion of chilled delight. It was a struggle to finish, but somehow I persevered.


I look forward to my next visit to the Bonefish Grill for more bacon wrapped scallops and whatever else @gagonmyswag can recommend.


Follow us on Twitter:
@pointsofvieux

Subscribe to our blog: pointsofvieux.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment