Friday, March 15, 2013

El Gato Negro


El Gato Negro


I recently had occasion to eat at both of a restaurant's locations:

El Gato Negro Mexican Restaurant 
300 Harrison Ave, New Orleans, LA 70124

And 

El Gato Negro Mexican Restaurant 
81 French Market Pl, New Orleans, LA 70116


I had the same dish, the seared salmon salad at both locations and the meal was equally delicious at both places.

At my first visit, I had the guacamole dip, made fresh at the table. Absolutely deelish!

At my second visit, I her the shrimp and merliton appetizer. Shrimp, merliton and mushrooms in a sweet sauce I hope they will bottle some day. I poured some of that sauce on my salmon salad...awesome addition. I might share my secret with the chef?

The atmosphere here is casual so you should not be concerned with getting all gussied up. With the party that will be going on in your mouth, I don't think anyone is paying attention to anyone else's attire. The place has a nice 'family' feel.

Lisa, my server, was exquisitely happy and had a warm and pleasant smile.

I have had the occasion to visit this restaurant in the past and cannot recall ever having a bad meal. I have also been a fan of the owner, Johhny, for quite some time and can attest to his dedication to his art. 

I will definitely continue to visit this restaurant. My taste buds do compel me!

Follow us on Twitter: 
@pointsofvieux

Subscribe to our blog: pointsofvieux.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment